Support & Implementation Engineer - NYC
We're growing our NYC team and looking for a Support & Implementation Engineer to join us in our North & Latin American Headquarters. Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pre-Sales, Support, Maintenance and Professional Services and Projects department has six core responsibilities:
- Pre-Sales support to the sales and marketing team.
- Training of potential and existing customers.
- Project management.
- Customer Support.
- Internal IT system support.
- New release management.
These functions are fulfilled according to priorities set by projects, sales opportunities, software release schedules, and sales requests.
As a small company, we require that all employees are flexible with their daily responsibilities. This all-hands-on-deck philosophy may require employees to perform duties beyond the scope of this job description.
The technical support engineer will be directly involved in all main functions of the support and maintenance department.
An experience in the image processing industry is preferable. Programming abilities in .NET languages like C#, VB.NET and JAVA are a plus. In addition, technical support skills or troubleshooting skills must be demonstrated. Candidates with experience in the financial service industry or image processing are preferred.
In the given role you would be expected to:
- Resolve issues related to the product line.
- Conduct tests using our products and the customer’s production images to troubleshoot performance issues.
- Design prototypes for new projects using our products and the customer’s production images.
- Assist resellers and integrators with license issues, and installation issues.
- Log all issues and resolutions into the issue tracking system.
- Refer feature requests or licensing issues to sales as necessary.
- Provide training to resellers and integrators as necessary either on the customer’s premise or from within our company’s office.
New Release Management
- Maintain knowledge of new features for each release.
- Ensure documentation is up to date and accurate.
- Ensure that maintenance customers receive notification of new releases as necessary.
- Test new release against opened bugs.
- Maintain the full order fulfillment over the internal tracking system
- Monitor the purchase orders received from the Sales Manager
- Create necessary type of the licenses per the requirements of the order.
- Create delivery confirmations and track their return by customers.
- Maintain the UPS or FedEx shipping list
- Represent the department and the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintain the appropriate logs and call details in the approved tracking mechanisms.
- Maintain all duties within departmental metrics as defined by the manager.
- Ensure open communication at all times with the marketing, sales, and engineering departments.
- Alert the sales department immediately of any discrepancies in the licensing of demonstration licenses.
- Monitor licensing datasheet and renew production dongles if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com