Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference Pre-Sales NYC in the subject line of their email.
As a small-mid sized company, we require that all employees are flexible with their daily responsibilities. This all-hands-on-deck philosophy may require employees to perform duties beyond the scope of this job description.
The technical support engineer will be directly involved in all main functions of the support and maintenance department.
An experience in the image processing industry is preferable. Programming abilities in C/C++, .NET languages like C#, VB.NET and JAVA are a plus. In addition, technical support skills or troubleshooting skills must be demonstrated. Candidates with experience in the financial service industry or image processing are preferred.
The Support, Maintenance and Pre-sales, Professional Services and Projects department has six main functions:
- Pre-Sales support to the sales and marketing team.
- Training of potential and existing customers with professional services’ delivery
- Project management.
- Customer Support.
- Internal IT system support.
- New release management.
These functions are fulfilled according to priorities set by projects, sales opportunities, software release schedules, and sales requests.
- Organize and provide the technical training of our products to the customers in North and South America.
- Plan and provide the evaluation, implementation and integration services to our customers.
- Participate in Financial Proposal document review that includes professional services.
- Maintain the tracking databases and documentation related to professional services in accordance with management’s request.
- Maintain the documentation of the customer’s requests.
- Provide technical assistance to the sales and marketing teams for the North and South American markets.
- Answer technical questions and troubleshoot issues related directly to our product line.
- Assist potential customers in creating prototypes of final project design that includes sample production documents and our table files.
- Design and conduct tests to measure accuracy on customer production images.
- Participate in conference calls, customer site visits, and trade shows at the request of the sales team.
- Provide evaluation and demo licenses to potential customers with information from sales and marketing.
- Conduct tests using our products and customer production images to troubleshoot performance issues.
- Design prototypes for new projects using our products and customer’s production images.
- Refer feature requests or licensing issues to sales as necessary.
- Provide training to resellers and integrators as necessary, either at a remote site or in our office.
New Release Management
- Maintain knowledge of new features for each release.
- Ensure documentation is up to date and accurate.
- Represent the department and the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintain all duties within departmental metrics as defined by the management.
- Ensure open communication at all times with the marketing, sales, and engineering departments.
- Alert the sales department immediately of any discrepancies in the licensing of demonstration licenses.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
Apply today: Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Pre-Sales NYC in the subject line of their email.